So as I was browsing through the ever so lovely Pinterest (check out my pins and follow me HERE), and I came across this delicious looking recipe for Cinnamon Roll Sugar Cookies! I had to give them try, despite the fact that it was after 10 PM---I regret nothing.
Cinnamon Roll Sugar Cookies
credit to Picky Palate
1 cup Butter, softened
2 cups Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla
1 cup Sour Cream
6 cups Flour
2 tsp Baking Soda
2 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp salt
8-12 Tbsp Butter, softened
1 1/2 cups Brown Sugar, divided
1 1/2 Tbsp Cinnamon, divided
8 oz Cream Cheese, softened
3/4 cup Powdered Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla
2-4 Tbsp milk
1. Cream the sugar and butter. Add eggs, vanilla, and sour cream until well combined. Slowly add in flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt until well combined.
2. Split dough into 2 batches, place in plastic wrap in a disc shape and chill for at least 2 hours for best results **I skipped this step because I am a very impatient person and they turned out dandy!
3. Once chilled (or not), cut each disc into thirds and roll into a 1/8 inch thick rectangle, about 12 x 5 inches. Spread each rolled pieces of dough with 2 Tbsp softened butter, 1/4 cup packed brown sugar, and 1/4 tsp of cinnamon. Start rolling from the long end closest to you, rolling into a log shape. Using a sharp knife, cut 1/2 inch pieces of dough, then place them onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 9-11 minutes. Remove and let cool for 5 minutes before removing from baking sheet.
5. To prepare frosting, beat cream cheese until softened and smooth. Slowly add powdered sugar, vanilla, and milk (I used soy) until desired consistency. For a fun "zig-zag" design, put frosting into a ziploc bag, trim corner, and you've got yourself a DIY pastry bag! Frost cookies then place in refrigerator until ready to serve!
As you can see in the pictures below, this recipe makes around a whopping 4-5 dozen cookies!
So there you have it! Thanks to my sweet tooth, I've discovered a delicious late night bite. However, I recommend making them before 10 PM, unlike me, to avoid an unnecessary guilt trip for indulging in sweets after dark. But I'm a lost cause, really.
Oh well, at least it's beneficial to you guys right?