Happy Tasty Tuesday!
Well, maybe not so "happy" right now. Today is the first day of school and I am sad for two reasons: One, summer is officially over (waaaaaaahh) and two, not only is it the first day of school, but it is my last first day of school. Meaning, I am growing up and gettin old! One more year and I will be a BYU graduate! Scary how time flies...
Well, enough of the sad and on to the tasty! Today I'm sharing with you a DELICIOUS taco salad recipe. I'm not kidding guys, my mouth was literally watering when I was writing this/posting the pictures. What I love about this recipe is that it's super easy to make! I must have made it at least 10 times last month (just kidding, I don't know the exact number of times I made it but it's a lot)!
credit to allrecipes.com
1 pound lean ground beef (or go healthier with turkey!)
1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
1 (16 ounce) can chili or black beans
1 (16 ounce) bottle French dressing
1 head iceberg lettuce
1 package tortilla chips
2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
1 cup chopped tomatoes
4 Tbsp sour cream
1/2 cup salsa
1. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown the ground beef (or turkey) and drain excess fat.
2. Stir in the taco seasoning, beans, and French dressing.
3. Fill the dressing bottle 2/3 full of water and add to the skillet.
4. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 15 minutes.
5. Chop up lettuce and crush bag of chips.
6. In each bowl/serving, add a desired amount of lettuce, meat mixture, tomatoes, crushed chips, cheese, salsa, and sour cream (preferably in that order).
7. Toss or mix and EAT! :)
Introducing "Recipe Swap Hop" on Tasty Tuesdays!
So I just love getting new recipes! From friends, family, and Pinterest! There will be a new segment coming to the blog next week. Jessica from NC Grown and I are going to be hosting a "Recipe Swap Hop" on what now is going to be Tasty Tuesdays! Share a recipe on your blog, link up, and spread the love with the button!
Get your recipes ready for next week! If you are interested in co-hosting just send Jessica or I an e-mail letting us know!