Skirt: c/o Choies
Hair Garland: c/o Choies
Booties: Forever 21 [similar]
First off, this fun, "wanderlust" outfit is the first of multiple outfits I took pictures of pre-surgery so I would still have things to post for you guys post-surgery! Just wanted to let you guys know so you wouldn't be like "wait, didn't she just get surgery? Where is her brace? How is she standing without crutches? What a LIAR!!"
Second, thank you to everyone who sent me good vibes and wished me well for my knee surgery!
Everything went smoothly and I am currently recovering on our couch with a huge log on my left leg. I hobble around on my crutches from time to time and Connor keeps me nicely medicated so I don't feel too much of the throbbing, but other than that I've been keeping busy watching the entire series of Friends on DVD (big thanks to my girl, Jessica)!
Remember in my last post when I said my ACL was extremely stretched out? Yeah, well we found out after the surgery that my ACL was actually TORN and it reattached to my PCL over the years. Crazy!
Best part of my surgery?
Having it over with.
It's really true what they say about how the build up is the worst part. Now that all the anxiety is gone about how the surgery would go, I can focus on recovering!
Worst part of my surgery?
Sticking that dang IV into my hand because I hate needles. It's so much different than a shot too because with shots, the needle is in then out in like, three seconds. With an IV, they jab that dang tube in, then leave it there. Bleh. Also, when the morphine began entering my body right before the surgery, I was not a happy camper. Thank goodness I started getting woozy and knocked out shortly after that because I don't know how much longer I could have handled that pain. I'm a huge baby.
Most interesting part of my surgery?
The half an hour after I woke up from surgery when I was "Ariel after the Dentist."
Gosh, there is something about waking up from anesthesia that makes you blurt out everything and I mean everything that comes to mind--"word vomit" as Lindsay Lohan from Mean Girls, would say. It's so weird because I remember every single word I said during that time, but I had NO clue why I was saying any of it!
Here is Connor's top 5 favorite word vomit moments:
1) Me: "Did they cut off my leg? Oh my gosh, where is my leg? They cut it off!!!"
2) Me: "I'm so proud of myself! I did so good in there!"
3) Connor: (while feeding me) "Do you want me to peel the string cheese or do you just want to bite into it?"
Me: "Peel it. Come on, I don't want to just bite into it like Ryan from The Office."
4) Nurse: "Are you okay with taking pills?" (referring to the painkillers she was prescribing me)
Me: "Pshh, yeah. I take pills like a boss. I love pills. (pause) Oh, I mean the good kind of pills, though!"
5) This one is the only one I don't remember, but apparently right after I "woke up," the nurse asked me if there was anyone who came with me for the surgery. I replied, "Yeah, my friend is waiting for me in the waiting room." My "friend" being Connor. So the nurses thought Connor was just "my friend" for a while until he clarified that he was actually my husband. But hey! Technically Connor is my "friend" right? Your husband should always be your best friend first. :)
I kind of wished Connor recorded me so I could watch my ridiculous self later, but he said he felt bad doing that because I was so "vulnerable" at that moment and he didn't want people to make fun of me later.
Anyway, I promise I'll start shutting up about my surgery sooner or later.
For now it's the only interesting thing that is happening in my life so why not share it with you all right? :)
I don't want to post any of the nasty hospital pictures I have of myself, so instead here is an at-home-post-surgery shot for you all!
Again, thanks for all the nice words and support!
You guys are the best. :)